The structure of global aluminium production is changing, new players are entering the market, and investment projects are likely to focus on regions with lower production costs.
- Global demand is expected to double by 2020 and triple by 2030.
- Even though the price of aluminium has dipped slightly in real terms compared with its value over the last 20 years, there is a demand for new products, and this means good opportunities.
- New manufacturing processes requiring new materials
- Carbon footprint and operational efficiency
- The market has shifted from a traditional commodity based situation to a less transparent, opaque and financially driven market.